DEFINITIONS: Unless otherwise specified, any capitalized words shall retain whatever meanings were assigned to them in the above-referenced Universal Terms.
a. "NON-PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION" is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person;
b. "PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION" is information such as a name or email address that, without more, can be directly associated with a specific person;
c. "WEB BEACON" is an object that is embedded in a webpage that is usually invisible to the user and allows website operators to check whether a user has viewed a particular web page;
d. "WEB COOKIE" is a string of information that a website stores on a user's computer, and that the user's browser provides to the website each time the user submits a query to the site.
CHILDREN'S PRIVACY: The Website is not directed at or intended to be viewed by children under 13 years of age. If you are a parent and do not want Your child to have access to the Website or any materials or information found thereto, you should block access using components found either within your browser or in commercially-available blocking software. In any event, pursuant to the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA") of 1998, Company will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without first obtaining parental consent, and to the extent such information is inadvertently collected, Company will make every commercially reasonable effort to obtain permission from a parent or, at its option, permanently delete the information from its records and systems once it has actual knowledge of such collection. Children should always get permission from their parents before providing any information about themselves (including without limitation first and last names, home addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers and dates of birth) to others via the Internet.
GATHERING, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF NON-PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
1. USERS OF THE WEBSITE GENERALLY: Like most website operators, the Company gathers from users of the Website NON-PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION of the sort that Web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes the user's Internet Protocol ("IP") address and/or the Media Access Control ("MAC") address of your computer, the name of your Internet Service Provider, certain software and hardware attributes, the names and URLs for any websites that you came into the Company's Website from or left it to go to, your ZIP/postal code, your occupation, gender, and approximate age range and other information.
The Company analyzes NON-PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION gathered from uses of the Website to help the Company better understand how the Website is being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, the Company is able to better design the Website to improve users' experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. From time to time, the Company may also release NON-PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION gathered from Website users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website.
2. WEB COOKIES: The Company uses WEB COOKIES to track the pages that the users visit during each Website session, both to help the Company improve users' experiences and to help the Company understand how the Website is being used.
As with other NON-PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION gathered from users of the Website, the Company analyzes and discloses in aggregated form information gathered using WEB COOKIES, so as to help the Company, its partners and others better understand how the Website is being used. Company does not attempt to link information gathered using WEB COOKIES to PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING-INFORMATION.
COMPANY USERS WHO DO NOT WISH TO HAVE WEB COOKIES PLACE ON THEIR COMPUTERS SHOULD SET THEIR BROWSERS TO REFUSE WEB COOKIES BEFORE ACCESSING THE WEBSITE, WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT CERTAIN FEATURES OF THE WEBSITE MAY NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY WITHOUT THE AID OF WEB COOKIES. WEBSITE USERS WHO REFUSE WEB COOKIES ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RESULTING LOSS OF FUNCTIONALITY.
3. WEB BEACON: The Company may use WEB BEACONS on the Website to count users who have visited particular pages and to deliver co-branded services. WEB BEACONS are not used to access users' PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION; they constitute a technique the Company may use to compile aggregated statistics about Website usage. WEB BEACONS collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of the page view, and a description of the page on which the WEB BEACON resides.
You may not decline WEB BEACONS; however, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. Third parties are not permitted to use WEB BEACONS on the Website.
GATHERING, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
4. WEBSITE REGISTRATION: Much of the PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING-INFORMATION collected by the Company about users is information provided by users themselves at the time they sign up to submit materials for the interactive program. That information includes each user's your full name and email address.
Users of the Website are under no obligation to provide the Company with PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING-INFORMATION of any kind, with the caveat that user's refusal to do so may prevent the user from using certain Website features.
BY REGISTERING WITH THE WEBSITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING-INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION.
5. ONLINE FORUMS, BLOGS, COMMENTS, AND REVIEWS: Certain PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING-INFORMATION collected from users is disclosed as a matter of course as a result of those users' use of the Website.
USERS ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM THEIR VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING-INFORMATION.
6. EMAILS AND NOTIFICATIONS: The Company may send you the following types of emails and notifications, which you may opt out of.
a. Emails from Investors: Film project account holders may receive email communications from accredited investors who have also registered as a user on the Website.
b. Emails from film project users: All users may receive emails from film project users.
c. Emails and Notifications from the Company: All users may receive emails from the Company as they relate to users' profiles, account, transactions, service-related announcements, or projects it believes users may be interested in.
7. OTHER DISCLOSURES: The Company will disclose PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING-INFORMATION under the following circumstances:
a. By Law or to Protect Rights: The Company may disclose PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING-INFORMATION to respond to or comply with any subpoenas, court orders, or other forms of legal process; to establish or exercise legal rights or defend against legal claims; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, including the violation of any terms, or situations involving potential threats to the safety, privacy or legal rights of any third party; to comport with any law or government regulation.
b. Marketing Communications: If users opt-in to receive Company marketing materials upon registration, the Company will email users about products and services that the Company believes may be of interest to them.
8. THIRD PARTY LINKS: The Website may contain links to other destinations on the Internet whose privacy practices may be different from the Company's and that have varying scopes of coverage. You are encouraged to carefully review the privacy policies of every site that you visit. Company has no control over any information (personal or otherwise) that you submit to third party sites.
9. SECURITY: The Company has implemented physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that protect your information (personal or otherwise). Although we take these measures to protect against unauthorized disclosures of information, due to the nature of the Internet and electronic communications generally, the Company does not and cannot guarantee that such information will never be disclosed in a manner inconsistent with these terms herein.